Universal Orlando Resort Reveals New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
On June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure – the epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – will soar into Universal Orlando Resort and become the most highly themed, immersive coaster experience yet. Today, all-new details have been revealed about the magical new adventure that awaits.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will combine a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with rich environments and sets – including an actual forest with more than 1,200 live trees. It will also give guests the unique opportunity to join Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in the Harry Potter films – on a journey to one of the most mysterious places in the wizarding world – the Forbidden Forest. With Hagrid as their guide, guests will fly deep into the Forbidden Forest and brave the mysteries and thrills beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle on a groundbreaking coaster experience unlike any other.
It all begins when guests (starting at 48” tall) join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and board magical motorbikes specially designed to make them feel the freedom of flight. Guests will either ride the motorcycle or board the adjacent sidecar as they embark on a journey that will bring them closer to some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. But as they make their way through the Forbidden Forest…things don’t go as planned. During the adventure, guests will:
- Experience a freewheeling coaster flight where they’ll twist, turn and rush forward – and backward – at speeds up to 50 mph into the dark forest
- Encounter some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies, Fluffy, the three-headed dog – and even a creature that’s never been seen in the films
- Hurl past challenging obstacles, become entangled in a thicket of Devil’s Snare and so much more …while encountering a few surprises along the way.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be an epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. The magic began with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The expansion of the global phenomenon continued with the launch of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida and the Hogwarts Express – allowing guests to travel between both lands. And when it opens on June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will join the lineup of award-winning entertainment experiences in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and bring an all-new adventure inspired by J.K. Rowling’s beloved stories to life.
This is the latest expansion to The Wizarding World section at Universal Orlando. Since the 2010 opening, Universal has added to the iconic section with the following attractions:
- 2010: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first opened with Hogsmeade
- 2014: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- 2014: Hogwarts Express opened connecting both of the attractions, providing guests the opportunity to board the iconic train and relive Harry’s unforgettable journey. In doing so, Universal Orlando has created the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.
- 2019: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure roller coaster
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is set to open on June 13, 2019. However, technical rehearsal previews (soft open) could happen in the days or weeks leading up to the opening date. For tickets and more information, visit the official Universal Orlando website here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
MORE GREAT VIDEOS