SeaWorld San Antonio Reveals Plans For Record Breaking Texas Stingray Wooden Roller Coaster
Today, SeaWorld San Antonio announced exciting details about Texas Stingray – the soon to be tallest, fastest and longest wooden roller coaster in the state of Texas, set to open in spring 2020. This record-breaking coaster, which will reach a top speed of 55 mph, will be located across from the new Turtle Reef exhibit between Orca Stadium and the Rio Loco river rapids ride.
The announcement was made at SeaWorld San Antonio hosted by Chuck Cureau, SeaWorld Director of PR and Promotions and In- Arena announcer for the San Antonio Spurs.
“Texas Stingray marks a new wave of excitement for SeaWorld,” said SeaWorld San Antonio’s Vice President of General Services Scott Bacon. “We continue to provide new reasons to visit SeaWorld and offer exciting new adventures for our guests with a blend of thrilling rides, family attractions and incredible animal and educational experiences.”
What’s in store for Texas Stingray riders? A breathtaking hundred-foot drop, a sensory-bending hundred-foot tunnel and much more:
Take a front seat ride right now!
TEXAS STINGRAY RIDE STATS
- TYPE OF RIDE: Wooden Roller Coaster – Tallest, Fastest and Longest in Texas
- SPECIAL FEATURES: 57° first drop and 76° high turns
- RIDE LENGTH: 3,379 feet of track
- DROP HEIGHT: 100-ft. drop
- MAXIMUM SPEED: 55 mph
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 96 feet
- TUNNEL: 100 feet
- AIRTIME HILLS: 16 airtime hills
- MINIMUM RIDER HEIGHT: Riders must be 46 inches or taller
- RIDE DURATION: More than two minutes
- LOCATION: Spanning the new Turtle Reef exhibit between Orca Stadium and the Rio Loco river rapids ride
- RIDE MANUFACTURE: Great Coasters International (GCI)
- RIDE OPEN DATE: Spring 2020
Texas Stingray marks a major addition to SeaWorld San Antonio’s gravity-defying roller coaster portfolio. With Texas Stingray, the park will now be home to five unique coaster experiences. Spanning a range of ages and thrills, Texas Stingray joins:
- Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster – a double-launch, jet ski-inspired coaster based on marine animal rescue missions
- Great White – a floorless steel roller coaster that challenges riders to 360-degree flips, breathtaking loops, corkscrews and thrilling curves at speeds of up to 50 mph
- Steel Eel – a true hypercoaster featuring a 15-story vertical drop, followed by a series of camelbacks giving riders periods of weightlessness
- Super Grover’s Box Car Derby – a junior-sized steel roller coaster perfect for families with younger children
For tickets and more information, visit the official SeaWorld website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!