Kings Island Kicks Off The 2019 Halloween Season With HAUNT
Get ready, dark forces will be unleashed and wildest nightmares will come true beginning this Friday night, when Kings Island’s Halloween Haunt returns for its 13th season.
Voted “Best Theme Park Halloween Event” in the country in 2018 by USA Today readers, the annual event runs Friday and Saturday nights from September 20 through October 26 and features nine haunted mazes, seven scare zones, three live stage shows and hundreds of assorted clowns, ghouls, vampires, werewolves and zombies lurking in the shadows throughout the park.
In 2019, five new haunted attractions debut:
- NEW SCARE ZONE: International Street Fear- Step right up to see the strange and mysterious creatures that stalk the shadows and lurk around every corner of International Street, where souls have been doomed to haunt International Street for the rest of eternity.
- NEW SCARE ZONE: Shipwrecked- Take a stroll through a bustling town full of seafarers and merchants that the ports once visited by Blackbeard himself. It may look innocent on the surface, but inexplicable terror lies beneath.
- NEW SCARE ZONE: Rivertown Reaping- Once a thriving logging and mining community, Rivertown was struck by disaster when a plague wiped out the entire population. Nothing remains except a tragic history and the ghosts of those long since forgotten.
- NEW SCARE ZONE: Zombie Mall- The sale of a lifetime is happening now at this one-of-a-kind outdoor market, and everything must go! You’re sure to find a killer deal, but it’s still going to cost you an arm and a leg.
- NEW SHOW: Drums of the Dead- You’ll be cast down to the underworld in this all-new, explosive live performance that celebrates Día de Los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, by making you a part of the action.
Popular returning haunted attractions include: Backwoods Bayou, Blackout, C.H.A.O.S., Coney Maul, Dance of the Macabre, Field of Screams, KillMart, Madame Fatale’s Cavern of Terror: Lights Out!, Pumpkin Eater, Slaughter House, Urgent Scare and Wolf Pack.
We met up with Chad Showalter, the park’s Director of Communications, and discussed everything new at the 2019 Haunt!
LIVE! Kings Island HAUNT Q&A with Chad Showalter, KI Director of Communications.
Posted by Coaster Nation on Friday, September 20, 2019
What part of Haunt are you looking forward to the most? Let us know via social media. For tickets and more information, visit the official Kings Island website here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
MORE PHOTOS FROM HAUNT AT KINGS ISLAND