Kings Dominion To Re-Open In 2020 For Taste of The Season Holiday Event
Kings Dominion is finally REOPENING! The Virginia theme park was unable to open for its spring and summer seasons due to COVID-19. But on December 5, Kings Dominion’s Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience will open just in time for the holiday season! Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience will feature over 25 sweet treats and savory snacks as well as live shows, 16 rides (including select coasters) and festivities throughout the park.
Delicious holiday food is the star of the show at Taste of the Season, so prepare for a one-of-a-kind outdoor dining experience. Guests ca purchase a Tasting Card to choose among 25 samples of scrumptious seasonal favorites—all with a Christmas twist. You’ll also find unique drinks, gotta-have-it favorites and lots of holiday goodies served with the highest safety standards. See the full tasting menu here.
Select rides in Planet Snoopy and family classics such as the Grand Carousel and bumper cars will be open for family fun. Thrill-seekers can get their fix on Delirium and Dominator. The full lineup of coasters will be revealed soon. *weather pending
In between enjoying samples of delicious sweets and savories, guests can keep their spirits bright at delightful experiences all around the park. Hear songs of the season, do the holiday hustle at a dance party, or score the perfect gifts for friends and family!
The limited-capacity event opens December 5 and runs select days through December 27, 2020 with new health and safety protocols in place.
“This has been a challenging year for everyone, which is why we are ready and excited to welcome guests back to the park for some holiday cheer,” said Tony Johnson, vice president and general manager at Kings Dominion. “Kings Dominion has a comprehensive safety plan in place that has proven to be effective in all of our sister parks that were allowed to safely operate earlier this year. We can’t wait for families to return to the park and make treasured holiday memories safely.”
Below is Kings Dominion’s new protocols to ensure a safe and sanitary environment:
- Every guest will need a reservation. Season pass holders may reserve dates through their new online system. A reservation will also be tied to single-day tickets – and tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Pre-visit health screening declaration must be completed 24 hours prior to visiting the park
- A touchless temperature screening is required prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates
- All guests, associates and vendors are required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Face coverings may not have exhalation valves or vents.
- Social distancing markers have been placed throughout the park, including ride queue lines
- Limited guest/associate contact
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas
- Additional hand sanitation stations have been added
To manage capacity and maintain social distancing, reservations are required for all guests. Reservations for Season Passholders open November 16,
Reservations are automatically included with Single Day Tickets and will be available beginning November 18.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Kings Dominion website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe to YouTube
MORE GREAT VIDEOS!