Dorney Park Opening in July With Added Safety Protocols And Fireworks
Dorney Park located in Allentown PA, is planned to open for the 2020 Season on July 8 with stringent health, safety, and hygiene protocols in place to protect its vendors, associates, and guests.
The park will initially open to Season Passholders exclusively, and then to daily ticketholders on July 11. Reservations will be required for all guests visiting the park and will begin June 30.
“We are very excited to share our park with our guests for the 2020 operating season. Safety will always be Dorney Park’s number one priority, and that includes the health of our guests and associates,” said Michael Fehnel, vice president and general manager at Dorney Park. “Our new protocols align with CDC recommendations and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. With our new protocols in place, we are eager to bring some long-overdue fun.”
The new protocols to ensure a safe and clean environment will include:
- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for vendors, guests, and park associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear face coverings as directed by the protocols;
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
The park will initially open exclusively to Season Passholders, with limited capacity and operating hours. Dorney Park will be sending emails to Season Passholders, inviting them to begin making reservations. All guests are asked to download Dorney Park’s free mobile app to make a reservation and facilitate their park visit. 2020 Season Passes have been extended through the entire 2021 season.
Prior to park opening, Dorney Park is offering a limited-capacity, Fourth of July Drive-In Fireworks Show on Saturday, July 4. The fireworks display will be accompanied by a patriotic soundtrack. For a $10 donation per car, guests are invited to park in the main parking lot for a close-up view of the display. All ticket proceeds will benefit the LVHN COVID-19 Emergency Fund. The show is limited to the first 1,500 vehicles. Fireworks show ticket sales launch today at 10:00 a.m.
An opening date for Wildwater Kingdom waterpark has yet to be determined. For tickets and more information, visit the official Dorney Park website by clicking here.