Yukon Striker – The World’s Tallest, Fastest, And Longest Dive Coaster Debuts At Canada’s Wonderland
After nearly a year of anticipation, riders were finally able to experience Yukon Striker, the world’s tallest, fastest, and longest dive coaster at Canada’s Wonderland!
Winners of a charity draw along with select media took their first ride on Yukon Striker, the world’s tallest, fastest and longest dive roller coaster. With the park’s season opening to the public on May 3, the event gave riders a preview of the most anticipated attraction coming this year. Check out the new record breaking coaster in action and ride long with us in the video below!
“The ride on Yukon Striker is absolutely breathtaking,” said Norm Pirtovshek, Canada’s Wonderland General Manager. “Yukon Striker’s 3,625 feet of steel track soars through four dynamic inversions above guests in the newly themed area Frontier Canada. At its summit, you’ll experience three seconds of complete exhilaration as you stare directly down 245 feet at 90 degrees into an underwater tunnel.”
Frontier Canada’s arrival at Canada’s Wonderland is more than 37 years in the making, as it was originally planned and designed as one of five themed sections to be developed for the park’s opening in 1981. The area represents the rugged Yukon back country during the Klondike Gold Rush era of the late 1890s. Yukon Striker joins rides Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, Mighty Canadian Minebuster, Soaring Timbers, Timberwolf Falls, and White Water Canyon as the signature attractions in this newly themed section of the park.
Yukon Striker is the showpiece attraction in the fully immersive area Frontier Canada, themed to the Klondike Gold Rush. The coaster claims several world records:
- The fastest dive coaster at 130 km/h (80 mph);
- The longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet (1,105 m);
- The tallest dive coaster at 245 feet (75 m) – includes underground.
It also features floorless trains and the only 360-degree loop for a dive coaster on the planet!
With a new ride comes new food and drink options at the park! New this season is a Yukon Striker Pilsner from Great Lakes Brewery. It’s exclusively available at Canada’s Wonderland!
Also new for 2019 is poutine fries! Not only are they made with locally Niagara produced cheese curds, but also made with grass fed cow milk and zero hormones or antibiotics! They will be available all season at Expo Poutinerie.
Also available this season is Crispy Lemon Chicken or Fried TOFU over rice at the Miners Cafe, Gold Rush Peach Cider, Mini, gourmet sausages, Burger Sliders, and of course chicken tenders and fries!
Something else really unique about Yukon Striker are the loose article bins. These high tech bins will take your loose articles from one side of the coaster to the other – having your items waiting for you on the other side when exiting the ride. Here”s a video explaining how this will work.
Canada’s Wonderland opens to the public on May 3 and this promises to be an exciting season, with Yukon Striker, but also an extensive entertainment lineup of live shows, food festivals and the new holiday event WinterFest this November.
- Splash Works (opens May 25) – A 20-acre waterpark features slides and attractions for all ages, including White Water Bay wave pool, Lazy River, free-fall slide Muskoka Plunge, and Lakeside Lagoon kiddie pool and family slides with interactive spray features.
- Celebration Canada (June 29 to July 14) – Celebrate the country’s birthday with spectacular fireworks on July 1, the Flying Frontenacs, live music, authentic Canadian food, street performers and a NEW show “Tundra: A Cirque Experience.”
- KidZfest (July 22 to Aug. 5) – A big party just for kids! Live entertainment, dance parties, the ultimate foam pit and special visits from favourite TV characters such as Thomas & Friends, Toopy & Binoo, ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks, Paw Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dora the Explorer and MARVEL Superheroes.
- Food and Street Festivals – Treat your taste buds to a NEW Taste of Mexico festival (Aug. 10-11), as well as crowd favourites Brew & BBQ (July 18-21), Taste of Greece (Aug.17-18), Taste of Italy (Aug. 24-25) and Oktoberfest (Sept.14/15 and 21/22). Each event features delicious, specialty foods, live music and entertainment.
- World-class, live Touring Shows – Edge of your seat excitement with the Ultimate Thrills Circus and the Chinese Acrobats at International Showplace throughout July and August.
Don’t worry, there’s no up-charge, all of the shows are included with park admission!
And for the first time, guests will be treated to WinterFest, an all-new immersive holiday experience taking place in November and December. The park will be transformed into an enchanted winter wonderland complete with uniquely themed areas, millions of spectacular lights, ice-skating, live entertainment, sweet and savory treats, crafts and hands-on family activities.
“WinterFest will be a holiday event unique to Canada as our park transforms into a winter wonderland. You can expect magical holiday fun for guests of all ages” said Norm Pirtovshek, Canada’s Wonderland General Manager.
For unlimited access to the park, Splash Works, live shows and events, Season Passes are now available online at a discounted price. The new GOLD Season Pass also includes unlimited access to Halloween Haunt and WinterFest. Don’t wait too long — prices go up on May 20th. For tickets and more information, visit the official Canada’s Wonderland website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
More Great Videos!