Worlds of Fun Announces Reopening
Along with Kings Island and Cedar Point, Worlds of Fun has also announced their phased re-opening.
The Kansas City amusement park will re-open for passholders on June 22 — with daily ticket sales planned to begin in early July.
The park has developed an extensive coronavirus reopening plan to help reduce the spread of germs. They also prepared an awesome informational video highlighting the new procedures in place to prepare guests for the re-opening.
New protocols to create a safe and clean environment include:
- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management.
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration within the app 24 hours prior to admission.
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates.
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols.
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines.
- Limited guest/associate contact.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas.
- Additional hand sanitization stations will be added.
- Capacity management throughout the park.
More information can be found in the information pamphlet Worlds of Fun prepared for guests by clicking here.
All guests are asked to download Worlds of Fun’s free mobile app to make a reservation and facilitate their park visit. 2020 Season Passes and ad-ons have been extended to through 2021. As of now, the all new Riptide Raceway is still scheduled to open during the 2020 season.
Worlds of Fun is an amusement park located in Kansas City, Missouri. Themed after the Jules Verne novel, Around the World in 80 days, Worlds of Fun offers over 100 rides, shows and attractions.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!