The All New Carolina Harbor Waterpark Construction Tour – Carowinds
Carowinds is making a big splash with a historic waterpark expansion in 2016! The transformation is part of the park’s commitment to celebrate Carowinds’ heritage as the place where the Carolina’s come together, creating an
“aquatic playground” with thrilling new attractions, new amenities and a new coastal name – Carolina Harbor! Check out the new Carolina Harbor sign, located just outside of the entrance from the park!
Carolina Harbor Waterpark will be included with park admission to Carowinds and will offer guests relaxing moments of tranquility and refreshing thrills by the “shores”, plus delivers a best day ever guest experience. The addition is the latest phase in a $50 million plus multi-year expansion at Carowinds, an effort kicked off by building the world’s tallest and fastest giga-coaster, Fury 325, as well as new park food offerings which are regionally
In addition to its new name, guests can all enjoy the following new additions in 2016:
- New Waterpark Entrance – Come and go as you please with a new convenient entrance with direct access
- Surf Club Harbor Wave Pool – A state-of-the-art 27,000 square-foot wave pool that features 12 water geysers
- Blackbeard’s Revenge – A towering six story tall water slide complex featuring three attractions and six exhilarating slides
- Seaside Splashworks – Part of our new two-acre family area, this water structure features over 80 elements including a 423-gallon tipping bucket
- Kiddy Hawk Cove and Myrtle Turtle Beach – These two new family-fun zones are fully equipped with features for both parents and children
- New and Renovated Restaurants – In addition to enhancing several restaurants, Harbor House and Schooners will be new premiere dining destinations
- Additional Cabanas – You’ll find more than shade in our 40 new luxurious cabanas
- More Lounging Chairs – An additional 1,100 lounging chairs will be available for guests to relax and enjoy the sun
- New and Upgraded Facilities – In addition to upgrading family changing areas, a new bathhouse will be added
Your favorites from Boomerang Bay aren’t going anywhere! They’re getting even better with awesome enhancements and new themes. Carolina Harbor will feature a combination of thrills, relaxation and family fun, including twice the number of water slides than before!
The all-new Carolina Harbor waterpark is set to debut on May 21, 2016. Thanks to some unseasonably warm weather, construction is moving along great and the new Harbor should open on schedule! Take a photo tour of the construction site below!
Construction Photos: April 26, 2016
What a beautiful new play structure! Loving all the elements of Coastal Carolina theming.
Pouring lots of concrete around Seaside Splashworks, which is now over 90% complete.
New waterpark entrance!
Work is almost complete on the main bathhouse renovations. The bathhouse will now feature more stalls, more space, better facilities and theming.
One of the main attractions at Carolina Harbor will be Black Beard’s Revenge. As seen below, it will be six stories tall and feature a thrilling drop slide. It’s a beast of a complex!
A look at Black Beard’s Revenge from the top… with Fury 325 trying to steal the show 😉
New midway leading from the main bathhouse to Surfer’s Swell, Dorsel Fin Drop and Blackbeard’s Revenge.
New midways are coming in behind the new waterpark enterance.
Outside the new bathhouse
New drop off location in front of the new waterpark entrance.
New bathhouse located outside the new waterpark entrance.
A lighthouse, may it guide you to refreshment!
New luxury cabanas line the new wave pool, making it the perfect family outing!
Schooners, located on the left, is the new waterpark bar. Tasty poolside drinks? Yes, please!
Inside the new restaurant, Harbor House. It will serve a variety of Carolina staples including seafood and BBQ.
To keep up with Carowinds’ exciting Carolina Harbor upgrades, including reading blogs and viewing photos, visit the waterpark’s website at carolinaharbor.carowinds.com. As usual, certainly keep it locked here on Coaster Nation and on our socials for more updates!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!