Six Flags Fiesta Texas To Debut All New Roller Coaster With Single Rail Design!
Six Flags Fiesta Texas spilled the beans today on their 2018 plans with a surprise announcement. The park plans to add an entirely new type of roller coaster to their all star lineup of thrill rides complete with a Wonder Woman theme!
Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster is being built by the hugely popular Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) coaster company. BUT, for the first time ever, this new coaster will utilize RMC’s much anticipated single rail raptor track. The new track is a single rail design in which the train straddles a 15.5 inch wide track.
The concept has never been installed in any theme park yet. Check out this video of the new track being tested at RMC’s plant!
Reaching a height of 113 feet, Wonder Woman will feature a first drop of about 100 feet sending riders plummeting at a 90 degree angle. Wonder Woman will include over bank turns, lots of airtime, and 3 inversions. Since the track is a single rail, it requires less supports, making the overall look very intimidating. For a better idea of how the new coaster will look, take a glimpse at the pictures below!
As the first of its kind in the world, WONDER WOMAN Golden Lasso Coaster will feature:
- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind single-rail coaster on a visually impressive I-beam no wider than 15.5 inches
- A straight-down 90-degree drop
- Two airtime hills, one 180-degree stall, a zero-g roll, and overbanked turns
- Three vehicles with eight single-file, in-line passenger seats
- A moving loading station to expedite entering and exiting the ride
- A Princess Diana in Themyscira visual storyline throughout the queue line featuring Greco-Greek architecture, Wonder Woman likenesses and Steve Trevor’s crashed plane.
This isn’t the first RMC to hit Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Iron Rattler, which was built in 2013 is also an RMC.
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster will open in Spring of 2018.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!