SeaWorld San Diego Launching Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ & Brews
SeaWorld San Diego will partially reopen this Friday with the lunch of a NEW park experience called Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ & Brews.
This limited capacity, ticketed and reservation required experience will provide guests with the opportunity to not only delight their taste buds with an exciting variety of refreshing craft brews and mouthwatering BBQ, but also explore 40 acres of the park’s expansive property to enjoy outdoor animal exhibits and fan-favorite marine life animal presentations with physical distancing measures in place.
Each ticket for this limited time experience includes park entry, access to all outdoor animal exhibits and presentations as well as a tasting lanyard to experience SeaWorld’s chef created BBQ, craft beer offerings, and select wines.
The tasting lanyard will include six food or drink items (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) of each guest’s choice to indulge in new offerings throughout the day, while exploring the vast park grounds. Additional lanyards will also be available for purchase.
In a post on Instagram, SeaWorld San Diego stated the following regarding Annual Passes and Fun Cards:
“While we are opening for this limited capacity experience, this is not our official reopening and will not take away from the extra days you will receive due to the temporary closure. We have automatically extended your Annual Passes and Fun Cards for a period of at least as long as the temporary closure of the full park. Additionally, all Annual Passes have been upgraded to the next tier level and applicable benefits are accessible during Zoo Days.
You must purchase a discounted date-specific ticket to attend this experience which includes six food or drink items (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) of your choice along with other discounts and perks as well. Discounted tickets are now available through your member portal”.
This limited-time experience includes access to 40 acres of SeaWorld’s expansive outdoor park grounds and:
- A Bayside BBQ & Brews Tasting Lanyardvalid for chef-created BBQ, craft and domestic beer, wine, cocktails or non-alcoholic beverages of your choice (up to 6 selections per lanyard)
- Access to Open-air Animal Exhibits such as Sea Lion Point, Otter Outlook, Dolphin Point and Explorer’s Reef Touch Pools
- Animal Presentations such as Dolphin, Sea Lion and the educational Orca Encounter, with physically distant seating
- Sesame Street Character Meet-and-Greets– Wave hello and take photos with your favorite furry friends!
Date-specific tickets for this experience must be purchased online in advance to help manage capacity. Tickets are available for $74.99 for adults and $64.99 for children (ages 3-9). The number of tickets available each day is limited and can be purchased starting Monday, August 24 at 9:00 A.M. PT.
- Guests can embark on a food journey across the park’s expansive grounds to enjoy an unbeatable mix of craft brews and delicious BBQ fare from limited-time, specialty menus designed by our talented culinary team.
- With plenty of outdoor seating, parks guests are in for a treat with a wide variety of chef designed food items like specialty beer-infused BBQ Brisket Sliders, Shrimp Tacos, Grilled Fish, Impossible Burgers, German Bratwurst and more, that will surely delight palates.
- To cool down after a fun-filled day, beer lovers can choose a cold brew from a new expansive, curated selection of craft beers, including many SoCal favorites, available throughout the park.
Learn About Fascinating Animals
- Guests can safely roam SeaWorld’s spacious park grounds to enjoy our incredible open-air, outdoor animal viewing exhibits with animals including Orcas, Bamboo Sharks, Stingrays, Sea Lions, Otters, Penguins, Dolphins (including Magellanic Penguins), Flamingos, and more!
- They can also attend SeaWorld’s world-famous Dolphin, Sea Lion and Orca Encounter live educational presentations with physically distant seating.
- And for those guests who are excited about an even more interactive experience, they can purchase additional tickets for Dolphin Encounter (reservations required), Sea Lion Feeding, and Ray Feeding.
“We want to thank our guests for their continued patience and support, and are beyond excited to announce the launch of this unique zoo experience, in a limited capacity format, as we safely welcome everyone back to the park for Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ & Brews,” said Marilyn Hannes, president of SeaWorld San Diego. “We have enhanced our already strict health and safety measures to implement best practices in health and safety protocols that will promote an outdoor experience for families and friends that is fun, memorable and safe.”
SeaWorld San Diego has launched a new safety website with detailed information about the measures that guests can expect when they arrive at the park, including key operational changes. Specific information can be found by visiting seaworldsandiego.com/safety.
All guests, including Fun Card holders and Pass Members must purchase a date-specific ticket online to this limited time experience.
Pass Members and Fun Card Holders may purchase online and make a reservation for over 50% OFF at the special price of $30 for adults and $20 for children (ages 3-9).
The limited reopening comes days after the park (a licensed and accredited zoo) was given the green light to open under California’s guidance for zoos.
The park has been fully closed since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
For tickets and more information, visit the official SeaWorld San Diego website by clicking here.