Ohio State Day to Kick Off Cedar Point’s 150th Anniversary Season
Cedar Point kicks off it’s 150th anniversary season on May 9th, 2020. Although, the official opening day for Cedar Point is on May 9th — the fun begins on May 8th as they host the annual Ohio State Day.
Ohio State Day is when OSU students, faculty, alumni, and family have exclusive access to the park. Season passes and meal plans are not valid on this day as it is an exclusive event for Ohio State. Tickets can only be purchased through Ohio State here.
The event’s description for 2020 boasts about it being the largest event yet:
“Both Ohio State and Cedar Point are celebrating 150 years in 2020, so this year’s Cedar Point Day is bound to be the biggest yet! Bring the whole family out to enjoy this exclusive day just for Buckeyes at the best theme park in the country!”
Although this is an exclusive buyout event, it has historically been very busy for Ohio State Day. The park will be open from 11am to 7 pm.
Cedar Point isn’t just adding one single new attraction in 2020, they are adding a plethora of entertainment including:
- A new nighttime celebration will take place along the Main Midway
- New (and throwback) food items are coming to tempt your taste buds
- Nostalgic merchandise and souvenirs will give a nod to the park’s historic past
- A reimagined Town Hall, complete with a more detailed look at Cedar Point history, will be waiting for you
- A river expedition for the entire family is set to launch into our waters
Could we see a return of the Paddlewheel? or perhaps a Thunder Canyon revamp? Once again, Cedar Point builds anticipation leaving fans with more questions than answers… Park officials say additional surprises will be revealed leading up to opening day in May.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Cedar Point website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe to YouTube
MORE GREAT VIDEOS!