Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park Debuts At American Dream
All your favorite Nickelodeon characters now call New Jersey… home! After 16 years of planning, a lengthy construction process, and numerous delays, The American Dream mall is officially open in East Rutherford, NJ.
The park features over 35 rides, rollercoasters and attractions for families and thrill-seekers, both young and young at heart. SpongeBob, Dora The Explorer, and all your Nickelodeon BFFs are waiting to welcome you. Situated beside the MetLife Stadium complex, the mall is home to hundreds of stores, an NHL-size skating and hockey rink, a waterpark, and Nickelodeon Universe, the largest indoor theme park in the Western Hemisphere!
Nickelodeon Universe is spread out over 8.5 acres featuring 35 attractions with 5 being roller coasters, 2 of which are record breaking. The park is located in a attached wing on the south end of the complex. It’s geared towards towards everyone’s favorite Nick shows such as Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, and more. And since no Nickelodeon park would be complete without slime, visitors can enjoy live entertainment on the Nickelodeon Slime Stage!
The two record breaking roller coasters, manufactured by Gerstlauer, are located at the backside of the park. Both themed to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Shellraiser, a Euro-fighter 1000 model painted green, features the world’s steepest drop at 121.5 degrees, and features 7 inversions!
The other record breaking coaster is called Shredder. A custom spinning coaster from Gerstlauer, the world’s tallest, fastest, and longest, free spinning roller coaster. The purple painted track is intertwined with the Shellraiser, creating some amazing near miss elements!
Timmy’s Half Pipe Havoc coaster takes riders over 60 feet in the air, while their seats are constantly spinning – similar to the Avatar Airbender in Nickelodeon Universe Minnesota.
The last adult coaster is Sandy’s Blastin Bronco. This coaster from Intamin launches riders through two intertwined pretzel loops at the south corner of the park.
The final coaster is a family coaster called Nickelodeon Slime Streak. Manufactured by Chance Rides, the coaster stands over 70 feet tall and has a track length of over 1260 feet.
For coaster fans that can’t make it to the park, you can get a sneak peek ride right now on the Slime Streak coaster we created using Nolimits 2!
The complete lineup of rides and attractions for Nickelodeon Universe includes:
- Aang’s Air Gliders – Hold on as you soar and spin like an Airbender! You can even take photos with Appa, Aang’s sky bison, after your flight.
- Blaze’s Monster Truck Rally – Roll out with Blaze and friends for an exciting race in the Monster Dome.
- Blue’s Skidoo – Blue Skidoo, you can too! Make Blue and Magenta fly up, down and around! Afterward, sit in the Thinking Chair to think, think, think.
- Dora’s Sky Railway – Join Dora for a trip on her blue train friend, Azul. First, a hot air balloon will float you up to the train station in the clouds, then you’ll board Azul for a sky-high journey on elevated tracks.
- Timmy’s Half Pipe Havoc – Take a wild spin on the halfpipe with Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda on a giant skateboard!
- Fairly OddAirways – When Timmy wishes to become a pilot, you get to go along for the ride! With the wave of Cosmo and Wanda’s wands, you’ll be ready for takeoff.
- Invader Zim’s Flip & Spin… OF DOOM! – You’ve been recruited for battle onboard Irk’s latest militarized spacecraft. Help Zim’s invasion as you flip, spin and bump into poor, unsuspecting humans.
- Jimmy Neutron’s Atom Smasher – Jimmy needs your help to supercharge his latest invention. You can control the thrill level, from gentle cruise to a wild and crazy tumble!
- Legends of the Hidden Temple Challenge – Olmec challenges you to scale to great heights in the world’s tallest adventure ropes course.
- Nickelodeon Skyline Scream – This scenic, scream-filled ride is the world’s tallest indoor spinning drop tower, offering great views of Nickelodeon Universe.
- Nickelodeon Slime Streak – This coaster will leave nothing but a trail of slime and screams in its wake as it twists and turns through Nickelodeon Universe.
- PAW Patrol Adventure Bay – The slides, climb structures and rescue-play activities in Adventure Bay are all designed for younger guests.
- Pup Pup & Away – Join Marshall and the gang on a PAWsome Ferris wheel that’s fun for the whole family.
- Ren & Stimpy’s Space Madness – Strap in with Commander Hoëk and Cadet Stimpy on a 36-year mission to the Crab Nebula.
- Rugrats Reptar Go-Round – Get on Reptar’s back or take a ride in a giant sip cup on this double-decker merry-go-round.
- Shimmer & Shine Jumping Genies – Get on your own magic carpet and take a ride through the skies of Zahramay Falls.
- SpongeBob’s Jellyfish Jam – Spin through Jellyfish Fields in this family-friendly swing ride.
- Bikini Bottom Crosstown Express – Board the Crosstown Express Bus to go spinning through Bikini Bottom.
- Sandy’s Blasting Bronco – Sandy and Patrick have built an out-of-control coaster contraption that will send you forward, backward, up, down, and even upside-down!
- The Shellraiser – Join the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles battle the villain Shredder. You can take a photo with the Turtles in the Shellraiser, then launch onto the streets of New York City.
- Kraang Prime Pandemonium! – Kraang Prime has the citizens of New York in her clutches. Can you handle swinging back and forth in her slimy tentacles?
The American Dream mall is approximately 3 million square feet roughly divided into 55% entertainment and 45% retail space. Besides Nickelodeon Universe, American Dream offers an NHL-regulation size ice rink with open skating, figure skating, and hockey tournaments. In November, the DreamWorks Waterpark is set to open at the mall featuring more than 40 water slides and 15 attractions.
The attached waterpark is scheduled to open on November, 27, 2019. Guests can get a sneak peek of the waterpark construction progress by looking through a window near the Ice Rink.
The retail portion of the mall is scheduled to open in March of 2020. It will be open for just six days a week because of New Jersey’s blue laws, which are still in place in Bergen County, where the American Dream mall is located. Blue laws in Bergen County make it illegal to operate most non-food retail on Sunday and have been in place since the 1600s.
The complex is ready for a flood of visitors with 33,000 parking spaces for those planning to visit by car. For those interested in avoiding traffic, there will be a new daily express bus route that will run every 30 minutes by NJ Transit from Port Authority to American Dream.
A general ticket for the Nickelodeon Universe theme park is priced at $39.99. For those interested in a more thrilling experience, there is an all-access ticket for $49.99. Children under 2 are free.
For tickets and more information, visit the official American Dream website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!