New Time Traveler Coaster Begins Test Runs At Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City is debuting a shiny new roller coaster in 2018 called “Time Traveler”. It will open as the World’s Fastest, Steepest and Tallest Complete-Circuit Spinning Roller Coaster.
Construction has been going non-stop for the past few months. We stopped by the park for a construction tour, then in November, we got to get a first look at the new trains as they were unveiled at the IAAPA Expo in Orlando. Finally, after months of anticipation, we get to see these amazing steampunk themed trains take their first drop!
With that first drop, that solidifies that the first stage of testing has officially begun! If you visit the park during the Old Time Christmas event, you may be among the first to see this revolutionary coaster take a test run!
When it debuts in the Spring of 2018, Time Traveler will hold some world record-breaking stats for a spin coaster:
- Fastest – Top speed of 50.3 miles per hour
- Steepest – A 10-story, 90-degree vertical drop…straight down. Custom-engineered to have
an immediate out-of-the-station, gravity-driven drop down an Ozarks mountainside
- Tallest – Custom-designed for mountainous terrain with its tallest point at 100 feet
- First & Only with Three Inversions – a Dive Loop, a Vertical Loop and a Zero-G Roll
- First & Only with a Vertical Loop – A 95-foot tall loop
- First and Only Double Launch – 0 to 47 mph in 3 seconds; 30 to 45 mph in 3.5 seconds
Last month, Derk made a visit to the construction site for a tour. Click Here to see a plethora of awesome photos while he walked around the track!
Time Traveler is set to open Spring of 2018. For tickets and more information, visit the official Silver Dollar City website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!
More Great Videos!