Mardi Gras Festival Returns To Six Flags Fiesta Texas
The 5th Annual Mardi Gras Festival returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Stroll through different Mardi Gras villages and experience a new voodoo-themed walk-through, live music, an extensive menu of the French Quarter’s favorite foods and drinks, and of course, beads galore. The theme park will continue its extra focus on health and safety in 2021 with the addition of spontaneous pop-up cavalcades in lieu of traditional parades.
“Over the past five years, we’ve created the premier Mardi Gras Festival in South Texas, and this year’s event offers our guests more than ever,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “Guests of all ages can enjoy all the ambiance and energy of The Big Easy while celebrating together safely.”
Mardi Gras Festival highlights include:
- The Houngan House of Voodoo – New for 2021 – The Mardi Gras Festival expands into the Spassburg area of the park with the addition of The Houngan House of Voodoo. A voodoo priest lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of his cursed French Quarter home filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris in this voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction. Social distancing will be strictly enforced. This mysterious new addition to the Mardi Gras Festival is included with park admission (reservation required)
- Mardi Gras Pop-Up Cavalcades – New for 2021 – Guests will be delighted by spontaneous pop-up cavalcades featuring Bugs & Lola or the park’s Mardi Gras brass band in a bead-dazzled vehicle. These colorful, spontaneous, one-vehicle processions will appear four times a day
- Mardi Gras Beads – What is Mardi Gras without beads? The Mardi Gras bead colors of purple, green, and gold symbolize justice (purple), faith (green) and power (gold). Guests are provided complimentary traditional Mardi Gras beads at various locations
- Live Music – The street sounds of The Big Easy fill the air with live music by the Dixieland Band, The King Williams Brass Band, and other musical entertainment throughout the park
- Street Entertainment – The party continues with street shows and performances along the midways in Rockville, Spassburg, and Texas State Square
- Colorful Décor – The Mardi Gras Festival is a vibrant celebration when Six Flags Fiesta Texas is blanketed with colorful decorations that capture the spirit of this world-famous New Orleans party
- Taste of Mardi Gras – Back by popular demand are the delicious and authentic food and drinks of Mardi Gras, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, bacon-wrapped boudin balls, beignets, hurricanes, and a wide variety of beer. This year’s event also features a long list of new treats for 2021 including gator bites, bacon wrapped Cajun pork ribs, and praline cheesecake.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend the Mardi Gras Festival. In addition:
- All team members and all guests two years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2021 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions.
The Mardi Gras Festival will be open on weekend and select days through February 28, 2021 and the event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes. For tickets and more information, visit the official Six Flags website here. Go Big! Go Six Flags!
Visit the Amusement Park Community FB Group HERE and JOIN THE DISCUSSIONS!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!