First Commercial And Pricing Revealed For Disney’s Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Experience
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a fully themed hotel that will debut at Walt Disney World, adjacent to Hollywood Studios in 2022.
Today, we seen the Starcruiser’s first commercial and finally got a glimpse of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like.
The overall experience is simple: Guests will book a two-day, two-night package, which will include “travel time” first from Earth, then to the distant world of Batuu, and then back – a concept in the theming industry that is referred to as land-based cruising.
While your choices determine what happens during your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventure, you’ll find something for everyone, including highlights like:
- New and familiar Star Wars Characters need your help and will invite you to delve deeper into the story—interact with them like never before, embark on secret missions and create alliances.
- Wield a lightsaber as you face off against a remote training device.
- Explore the Bridge and operate the ship’s systems and controls.
- Take an exclusive transport to the planet Batuu, where you’ll have the opportunity to engage in unique missions and experiences that extend the story of your adventure.
- Your story may even lead you to discover the inner workings of the ship in the Engineering Room.
Here’s a few take-away’s after watching the new 30 second commercial:
- We already know our adventure will begin at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World, where we’ll enter a launch pod and head out into space. In this new clip, we watch out a viewport as the pod jumps to hyperspace, followed by the sudden appearance of the Halcyon starcruiser, our home base for this immersive two-night adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
- As we learned last week from Disney Imagineers, the dining experience will certainly be a highlight of a stay aboard the starcruiser. And you never know whom you may bump into while sipping a beverage.
- You see in the commercial how the Resistance is always looking for new recruits – but will we choose to join them?
- As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a view out to space over his shoulder, and then a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are reminiscent of a similar bunk inside the main hold of the Millennium Falcon, no? And those are definitely some nice robes the family is wearing – they look like Jedi ready for action!
- When the camera pulls back, we zoom out the cabin’s viewport and into space – where suddenly TIE fighters dart in and hurl some blaster bolts toward the starcruiser. The Imagineers let us know we’ll be trained in bridge operations as part of our stay on the ship, and its laser cannons may come in handy at some point…
The new commercial wasn’t the only reveal today. This morning, Disney updated the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser webpage to include pricing information for the new Resort.
Standard cabins start at $1,209 per Guest for two people per cabin, $889 per Guest for three people per cabin, and $749 per Guest for four people per cabin. As with any hotel or experience, pricing will increase for more elaborate staterooms onboard the luxury starliner.
Here’s 3-Day Itinerary sample:
If you want to dig in even deeper, here’s a conversation with Imagineers talking all about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
The Star Wars hotel is set to be the most immersive experience Disney has ever attempted. 2-Night, immersive adventure voyages are scheduled to begin Spring 2022. For more details, visit the official website by clicking here.