Dark Hour Haunted House Teases Whats New This October
ARE YOU READY FOR HALLOWEEN? Haunted House you say? At Dark Hour Haunted House in Plano, Texas, you can enjoy being scared all year-round! After Halloween / Haunted House season is over, Dark Hour opens their doors for multiple special events through-out the year.
With an all star cast of designers and supporting staff, Dark Hour is quickly becoming one of the top haunted attractions in the country. This massive haunted house mixes the latest technology with over the top sets and spot on acting.
The master theme of Dark Hour is a coven of witches who dwell in Coven Manor. Every so often a different head witch comes to power who brings with her new scares. Dark Hour opens multiple times throughout the year, and each time it’s a different witch with a different theme.
This past weekend we stopped by Dark Hour Haunted House in Plano, Texas for their annual Dog Days of Summer event.
- The Ice Witch: The Ice Witch freezes over the manor during Wreck The Halls each winter.
- The Broken Hearted Witch: The Broken Hearted Witch casts a spell of darkness over the manor for Valentine’s Day’s Love Is Blind lights-out event.
- The Irish Witch: The Irish Witch brings with her evil leprechauns and fairies during St. Patrick’s Slay Weekend in March.
- The Contagion Witch: The Contagion Witch raises hordes of the undead for Spring Fever
- The Maenad Witch: The Maenad Witch throws a hellish halfway to Halloween party during Walpurgisnacht.
- The witch of Possession: The witch of Possession has a school full of innocent girls take out her wrath during Summer Spirits.
- The Gypsy Witch: The Gypsy Witch conjures up a pack of Lycans for Dog Days of Summer.
This past weekend we stopped by Dark Hour for their annual Dog Days of Summer event.
The event was spectacular as always and of course over the top… but without going into specific event details, we must mention something we discovered on our visit!!!>>>!! Every Halloween season Dark Hour introduces a new icon witch from the coven. Last fall saw the rise of Vidua Writhe, the witch of suffering.
With that said, once we we’re near the end of the attraction, Dark Hour teased a new icon for visitors to Dog Days in the form of a large sarcophagus near the exit! There was a sign on the side of the sarcophagus that read “DO NOT OPEN UNTIL SEPT 23″ and on top appeared to be the burned and scuffed hand written note shown below.
“Cairo Museum of Antiquities – Attention Curator Get rid of this thing! Bury it, burn it, whatever it takes! Your very lives depend on this sarcophagus NOT opening on the 23rd of September! I implore you to destroy this infernal thing before it destroys your world! Sincerely, -Professor Augustus Tome”
Could this mean that an Egyptian or perhaps a Mummy theme is on way to Dark Hour this haunt season? Stay tuned to Coaster Nation to find out the latest news as more clues are revealed!
For tickets and more details, visit the official dark hour page by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster-Nation!