Carowinds Debuting Six New Attractions In 2018
On National Roller Coaster Day, Carowinds announced the park will debut a newly expanded kids’ area called Camp Snoopy, in the spring – just in time for the 2018 season!
Formerly known as Planet Snoopy, The re-imagined Camp Snoopy kids area will feature new rides, a climb and play area, and a more natural looking midway that celebrates the beauty of the Carolina wilderness.
To make the big announcement, Carowinds did something a little unique compared to the other parks – they used Snoopy to make their announcement for 2018! In honor of his birthday, Snoopy received seven days of presents which were clues for what the park would be debuting in 2018.
Some of the gifts included:
- A toy bus from Woodstock
- A blazing toy car from Linus
- A tea party from Lucy
- A kite (that got stuck in a tree) from Franklin
Camp Snoopy will introduce a total of six new attractions designed especially for young campers and their families.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in an oversized birds nest on this classic ride.
- Beagle Scout Acres: an 8,000 square foot climb and play area.
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies: Take a trip in a “mud buggy,” where guests will rotate around the popular Pig Pen character while bouncing on a bumpy ride.
- Camp Bus: Buckle up on the wacky camp bus and take a ride that will lift guests into the air and back down to the ground in smooth extensions.
- Kite Eating Tree: Ride along in a kite vehicle that travels up and down a tree.
- Trailblazers: Get behind the wheel of a Jeep-themed vehicle and burn rubber on a small, round speedway.
We’re excited for Beagle Scout Acres, the 8,000 square foot climb and play area. Children will be able to explore the wide open space with three all-new features:
- The youngest adventurers will be able to gather in a fenced-in toddler area with lots of hands-on activities.
- A new play hill will be an open area for guests to enjoy slides and climb on a turf covered mound.
- Playground wood structures will have hands-on interactives, slides and plenty of things to climb.
here’s a sneak peek blueprint of the new 8,000 square foot Beagle Scout Acres.
The child care facility and Snack Shack restaurant will receive improvements as well.
Also for 2018, Carowinds will introduce the Pre-K Pass, a free season pass specifically for children.
The Pre-K Pass provides complimentary admission for kids three to five years of age throughout the 2018 season as well as the remainder of 2017. Online pre-registration is required by clicking here.
“The expansion of our kids’ area along with the introduction of the Pre-K Pass puts Carowinds as a top destination for families,” said Pat Jones, Carowinds vice president and general manager. “The new Camp Snoopy area joins our world-class attractions such as the record-breaking Fury 325 giga coaster and the massive Carolina Harbor water park in offering features that meet the needs of guests ranging from three to 23 to 93, providing unique opportunities for creating family memories.”
2018 Season Passes are on sale now at the lowest price of the year! 2018 Gold Season passholders receive unlimited access to Carowinds as well as its Carolina Harbor water park in 2018, plus, free admission to SCarowinds and WinterFest, access to special passholder-only events, and one free visit during the remaining 2017 season. HURRY, the special pricing ends October 29, 2017.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Carowinds website by clicking here.
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe to YouTube
MORE GREAT VIDEOS FROM COASTER NATION