Busch Gardens Tampa To Open New Giraffe Bar
Busch Gardens Tampa will soon be welcoming guests to their ALL-NEW Giraffe Bar at Serengeti Overlook, offering panoramic indoor and outdoor views of the park’s expansive Serengeti Plain.
Guests can marvel at giraffes, zebra, antelope, ostrich and more, while enjoying an all-new menu of shareable appetizers and a collection of cocktails, wine, and beer.
While taking in panoramic views of African animals on the Serengeti Plain, guests will enjoy a curated selection of frozen specialty drinks, hand-crafted cocktails, Florida craft beers and domestic favorites when the one-of-a-kind Giraffe Bar opens later this month. The menu will also feature a selection of wines and spirits that support wildlife conservation efforts around the world.
The new location will first soft open with a new menu of refreshing drinks and signature small bites on March 19. With physically distant interior tables and shaded outdoor patio seating, the Giraffe Bar will feature a chef- and mixologist-curated selection of cocktails and bites that guests can only get at Busch Gardens Tampa. These unique offerings will include:
- Frozen specialty cocktails such as the “The Hungry Tusker,” featuring Amarula African Cream Liqueur (a South African favorite made with the fruit of the African marula tree), Hula Hawaiian Dark Rum, Coconut and Pineapple flavors. This cocktail will satisfy more than thirst: the Amarula Trust Conservation Fund safeguards and protects African Elephants in the wild.
- Sparkling cocktails on draft including the refreshing “Thorn and Berry,” inspired by the bar’s namesake giraffes that strip thorns off of branches to eat leaves, and the “Masai Margarita,” named after the Masai, the largest species of giraffe native to East Africa.
- Flights of specially selected local craft brews (the “Toucan” and the “Safari Graze”) that will be presented on an Instagram-worthy hand-carved giraffe tasting paddle.
- Proud Pour wines which support wildlife and wild places, including “Save the Bees” Pinot Noir from Oregon, and “Save the Oceans” Sauvignon Blanc from California.
- Non-alcoholic beverages for all ages, including refreshing juices available on tap which can be served in a refillable, limited edition giraffe souvenir cup.
- Chef-crafted menus offer a range of shareable savory bites, including bourbon-glazed sticky wings, braised brisket mac and cheese, and smoked brisket-loaded French fries.
- In a nod to the bar’s herbivore namesake, guests can graze on vegetarian-friendly shareable items, including loaded hummus and fresh over-sized Bavarian soft pretzels.
- Pass Members get the VIP treatment, with a free collectible Giraffe Bar color changing pilsner with the purchase of a frozen cocktail or draft beer any Monday through Thursday by April 29th (*while supplies last).
- The Giraffe Bar will also feature an exclusive selection of limited-time branded merchandise as a reminder of the unique experience with every sip.
We had a chance to sample some of the upcoming offerings during the Food & Wine media preview, and we can report that they were all very good! The Posh Puffin is highly recommended!
Below is the Posh Puffin (left) and Hungry Elephant aka Hungry Tusker (right).
The spacious indoor/outdoor venue offers shaded and air-conditioned comfort, with plenty of space for physical distancing. The Giraffe Bar also features multiple TVs so sports fans can cheer on their favorite teams when taking a break from the park.
Guests have the opportunity to preview the ALL-NEW venue during a soft opening starting March 19. The Giraffe Bar will officially open on Friday, March 26.
In addition to the new Giraffe Bar, Serengeti Overlook is home to the newly redesigned and re-imagined Oasis Pizza, serving favorites such as handmade pizza, chicken tenders, fresh salads, and freshly baked desserts. Guests can also look forward to more new culinary experiences coming in 2021.
For tickets and more information, visit the official Busch Gardens website by clicking here.
Visit the Amusement Park Community FB Group HERE and JOIN THE DISCUSSIONS!
Stay connected with Coaster Nation!
Subscribe to YouTube
More Great Videos!