First Look at Cedar Point’s Rougarou Trains + NEW PARK CHANGES For 2015!
Let’s just get right to it. Here it is! The long awaited debut of the trains for Cedar Point’s 2015 floorless Coaster, Rougarou, have arrived!
Rougarou is the newest attraction for Cedar Point’s 2015 season. The coaster was formerly known as Mantis (The stand up coaster). The park recently re-themed the ride, removed the stand up element, and replaced the trains with these more comfortable floorless style seats, similar to the ones currently on Dominator at Kings Dominion.
Named after a terrifying werewolf-like creature in French folklore, Rougarou [roo-guh-roo] feeds on screams and lurks in and around the swampy lagoon at the center of the park, shared with other coasters like Iron Dragon and Top Thrill Dragster. You can learn more about Rougarou from our previous article by clicking here.
The new Rougarou trains debuted during a Cedar Point off-season tour called “Winter Chill Out“. The North East got pounded with a snowstorm the morning before the special event which made for beautiful photos. We have lots of photos at the bottom of this article showing the park covered in SNOW!
Rougarou’s coaster trains weren’t the only thing debuted at the event. The following was also announced;
(in no particular order)
- Turnpike Cars have been removed.
- Calypso is moving to the left of the Giant Ferris Wheel and will be renamed to Tiki Twirl.
- Sir Rub-a-Dub’s Tubs is being removed.
- The Gazebo food stand is being removed
- Dodgem Jr is moving to the lake side of Planet Snoopy where the Gazebo food stand was.
- Dodgem is moving to the spot where Sir Rub-a-Dub’s Tub and Jr Dodgem was.
- The building formerly occupied by Earthquake and Baranstein Bear country will be the new location of Sweet Treats.
- The lake side entrance of Breakers Hotel is getting a make over that includes fire pits on both sides of the entrance.
- Maverick is getting new restraints similar to the ones on Intimidator 305. Goodbye shoulder crunching! woo hoo!
- Today’s winter chill out event raised $27,000 for Give Kids the World.
- Rougarou Media Day is the Friday May 8th
5:00am-10:00am is Media Only and a select number of invited people. It is not open to all coaster clubs / enthusiasts.
5:00pm-7:00pm is the First Rider auction winners.
7:00pm to 10:00pm is a season passholder preview.
While waking around the park today we caught a peek at this awesome new sign. No Selfie Sticks was good, but No Vertical Video was our favorite!! haha
Here’s a shot of what the current site of Dodgems and the Good Times Theater looks like..
Winter Chill Out Photos:
“Winter Chill Out “cookies!
Stay connected with Coaster-Nation!
Subscribe on YouTube!